Sunday 21 December 2014


hey beauties.
this is the recipe I used for mince pies this year and I thought I would share! its just a super easy one, you don't have to make the mincemeat but it puts you in the Christmas spirit and leaves your house smelling festive!

I got this recipe off my grandma, she usually makes the mincemeat for the mince pie's but I thought with it being my first time I will simplify it.

Ingredients
- 140g/5oz cold butter, diced
- 225g/8oz plain flour
- 50g/2oz golden caster sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 egg yolk
- 1-2 tsp cold water
- 280g/10oz good quality mincemeat
- 1 egg, beaten
- icing sugar for dusting

Method
1. Preheat oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6.
2. Rub the butter into the flour and add the caster sugar, and salt until the mixture is a bit crumbly.
3. Combine mixture with the egg yolk and 2 teaspoons of water, then put it into a plastic bag and chill for 30 minutes.
4. Roll out the pastry to a thickness of about 2mm and cut out circles with a pastry cutter that fit in your trays I found a glass that was the perfect size and used that.
5. Place in lightly greased patty tins and spoon the mincemeat evenly into the pies.
6. Re-roll the leftover pastry and cut out shapes to fit on top of the mincemeat, I used stars.
7. Lightly brush the pastry tops with the beaten egg or you can use milk and bake in the oven for 12 - 15 minutes until golden.
8. Remove from oven and leave for a few minutes before removing from tins and cooling on a wire rack.
9. Dust with icing sugar. I used glittery sugar I got from Asda to make it more Christmassy



I also made some mulled wine to go with it, you won't believe how easy it is! I will post a recipe for mulled wine soon.

Do you like mice pies? have you made them before? let me know in the comments below.

LunaLue x

1 comment: